Home Remedies For Dry Hair That Actually Work
Dry hair is one of the general problems faced by millions of people in the world. Certain home remedies can help you get rid of this problem.
Hair makes a lots of difference. The internal factors take more time time to get fixed and sometimes cannot be treated unless the underlying illness is cured. On the other hand the external factors are simple to fix. If you know which of the dry hair causes is the culprit in your case, it would become simple to treat dry hair. Just focus on cutting back the activities that are causing dry hair.
Taking good care of your hair, eating a healthy diet, using quality hair care products intended for your hair type and using some over-the-counter conditioners can prevent it from becoming dry. Plus, there are many simple home remedies that will help treat dry hair and restore its health and shine.
What Is Dry Hair?
Hair, which doesn’t have enough moisture to maintain normal shine and texture, known as as dry hair. Hair is made up of three layers. The surface is meant to protect inner layers. Once the outer layer is damaged, it causes dry and dull hair. Hair follicles are linked to sebaceous glands, which discharge oil onto hair shaft. It is considered that person having dry skin may have a problem of dry hair.
Home Remedies For Dry Hair
Home remedies for dry hair typically use ingredients that you simply already have at home. Most of these products help add moisture to your hair and supply extra nutrients that may be missing in your current products.
It improves hair cleanliness and offers gloss to your hair. Simply add a teaspoon of vinegar to your final hair rinse to treat your dry hair. Vinegar use on hair also helps in getting rid of dandruff from dry hair. Consider massaging your scalp with vinegar before you decide to shampoo.
Olive oil is the most popular home remedy for dry hair. The rich vitamin E and antioxidant content present in olive oil help heal damaged hair by sealing the cuticle, or surface, with moisture. Olive oil can be used as a hot oil hair treatment to strengthen, add shine and restore moisture to very dry hair.
Banana too has many nutrients including vitamins A, B, C and E together with minerals like potassium, zinc, iron and manganese, never to forget biotin which also makes avocado good for dry and weak hair. The richness of potassium, carbohydrates and vitamins of banana make it an excellent remedy for making your hair soft and for protecting its natural elasticity.
Sesame oil is excellent nourishing oil. As it is rich in vitamins and minerals, it helps in strengthening hair and increasing blood circulation within the scalp. Simply mix one tablespoon each of root juice, fresh lemon juice, and sesame oil. Apply this mixture on the scalp and hair. Wrap your head having a hot towel. After half an hour, rinse with shampoo.
Aloe vera is an extremely beneficial herb for overall health including hair and scalp. It makes your hair extremely manageable. The sticky aloe vera gel provides good conditioning and moisturizing to provide you with smooth and silky hair. You may either use aloe vera for deeply conditioning your dry hair or make a nourishing hair mask with aloe vera.
Coconut oil is regarded as a magical remedy for curing dry hair. For implementing coconut oil, you just have to massage some coconut oil on your hair and scalp. With the help of finger tips, massage your scalp. Leave it for the entire night. Rinse it off each morning.
While it is always good to include plain yogurt in your diet because of its innumerable health benefits, you can even think of using the same to your dry frizzy hair to give them deep conditioning. If you’ve ever heard of protein treatments for hair, beauty salons use yogurt and eggs etc. to provide these highly expensive protein treatment to your dry hair. That can be done at home, without spending a lots of money! Just use sour yogurt rich in lactic acid and fats.
A number of home remedies for dry hair use eggs. Eggs contain protein and lecithin which will make your hair healthy and add shine. Beat 2-3 eggs and blend with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Apply it into your scalp and hair, let it remain there for 30 minutes, after which shampoo as you normally do. For laundry your hair don’t use warm or hot water, lest you are making a poached egg on your head!
- Eggs- 1-2 (depending upon the length of your hair)
- Lemon juice- 1-2 tbsp
- Olive or almond oil- 2 tsp
Mayonnaise is definitely an excellent ingredient for treating dry hair at home. It contains lots of protein that can help make your hair soft and shiny.
- Measure out one cup of full-fat mayonnaise. Use a thick layer of it on slightly damp hair and scalp.
- Massage the mayonnaise into your scalp after which work it through your hair to the ends.
- Cover your hair and head having a plastic cap for about an hour or so.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water after which shampoo as usual.
- Repeat weekly to hydrate very dry hair.
The saturated fats, vitamins A and E, protein and various other minerals in avocado are highly beneficial for dry and damaged hair. Avocado also helps add moisture to dry hair shafts and strengthen your hair.
- Mash one ripe, peeled avocado. Add one teaspoon each of wheat-germ oil and jojoba oil to make a smooth paste. Use the mixture on freshly washed hair, in the roots to the ends. Cover your hair having a shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy a couple of times a week.
- Mash a ripe, peeled avocado and add two tablespoons of olive oil to it. Mix well before the consistency is thick and smooth. Shampoo and rinse your hair. Use the mixture to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Finally, rinse your hair. Do that once a week.
Eggs are also very helpful for dry and damaged hair. A good source of protein and lecithin, eggs help strengthen and repair damaged and lifeless hair with the addition of moisture, shine, and texture to it.
- Whip an egg white thoroughly together with two tablespoons of lukewarm water. Use the mixture to your damp hair and scalp and massage with your fingertips inside a circular motion for 15 minutes.
- Then shampoo your hair with cool water. Do that once or twice a week, depending on the condition of your hair.
- Mix together three eggs, two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey. Apply this mix to damp hair and scalp. Cover your head having a shower cap for about 30 minutes, after which wash your hair with a mild shampoo and funky water. Do this once a week to make your hair soft and silky.